[TriZPUG] Ride Share to PyCon '10

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Thu Dec 31 21:00:41 CET 2009

On Dec 31, 2009, at 1:41 PM, Joseph Tate wrote:
> Having just completed my PyCon registration, I'm thinking about how to
> get down there, and think I would drive to avoid the hassles of
> airplane travel.  Anyone else interested?
>
> I'm planning on skipping the tutorials, but would like to stay for a
> couple of days of sprints.

Catherine Devlin, the PR person for PyCon, has been encouraging user
groups to carpool to PyCon.

I was planning on flying. But with recent events and too many hours
and too much aggravation spent in airports in the last year, I've just
had it with security theater that is not making us safer.

So I'm renting a car (in order to have a nice new trouble-free ride)
and driving to PyCon this year.

I would be glad to have any passengers who can stand my taste in indie
rock.

The only hang-ups are that:

1) I am driving down the day before the conference proper (Thursday).
So I'm not going to any pre-conference stuff like tutorials or summits

2) I am driving back on the day after the conference proper (Monday).
So I'm not going to any post-conference sprints. (Sorry, this is all
on my dime and I'm a poor state employee, not a high roller
consultant. I spent all my conference sprint Forints in Budapest at
PloneCon this year.)

3) I'm staying at the conference Hyatt and intend to park my behind at
the hotel once there and not go roving all over town.

So, if that fits anyone's needs, I'm your safe driver.

http://www.secoora.org
office: 332 Chapman Hall   phone: (919) 599-3530