[triangle-zpug] Meeting location change for tomorrow

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Mon Mar 24 15:55:42 CET 2008

There has been a room change for tomorrow's TriZPUG meeting.

The location is 328 Phillips Hall, the place where we normally meet, and
the location of our first two Plone Boot Camps.

The meeting notice is here:

http://trizpug.org/Members/cbc/mar-08-mtg

The directions are here:

http://trizpug.org/Members/cbc/unc-logistics

This meeting will be hosted by Josh Johnson in my absence. Josh, you
might want to post your cell number in case anyone is lost trying to
find the meeting room.

Lee Nelson of Research Engineer and Lab Manager of the Constructued
Facilities Lab at NCSU will speak about his use of Python in structural
engineering simulations. I'm hoping Chris Church will also talk about
PyCon, as I will not be able to be at the meeting this month.

PyCon was quite great this year. ChiPy was a good host. The video is
being rapidly assembled this year as a couple of people are very gung-ho
about getting that done fast.

My favorite talks at PyCon this year were on topics getting under the
hood of Python. The talk on listobject.c was completely awesome. Also
great were talks on weak references, the import statement, Grok, Zope 3,
Repoze, and Supervisor.

There was a PyCon exhibit hall this year. I collected enough schwag into
a goodie bag to tide us over with door prizes for a number of meetings.
A good discovery was that we are vastly under-utilizing O'Reilly's User
Group program. Essentially, TriZPUG can get you any book you are willing
to review.

http://www.secoora.org
office: 332 Chapman Hall   phone: (919) 599-3530