[triangle-zpug] Plone Jams - #1!

Mark R. Biggers biggers at utsl.com
Thu Nov 1 13:46:07 CET 2007

Hello folks,

Chris Calloway writes:

 > With that, I suggest we leave it to Mark and Mike to divvy up first
 > Wednesday (Mark) and third Thursday (Mike). Would you guys want post
 > your Plone Jam dates and locations on trizpug.org? First Wednesday is soon.

Browse to - http://trizpug.org/Members/biggers/ for full details of
the 1st (#1) Plone Jam, at Train of Thought offices in Morrisville.

  November 7 Wednesday, 6 p.m. at Train of Thought offices in
  Morrisville (close to RTP).

 > Is anybody here using virtualenv and zc.buildout? Not asking for help.
 > Asking for my information and planning.

After reading Chris' and Jeff Shell's blogs, I am very unexcited about
zc.buildout.  I am hoping 'virtualenv' is just a polishing of
virtual-python, which is very easy, and works well to create complete
"virtual" Python envs (including for Plone/Zope):

  wget  http://peak.telecommunity.com/dist/virtual-python.py
  $PY  ./virtual-python.py  --prefix=$ZEOCLUSTER_HOME
  # ... for example

thank you,
----mark