[triangle-zpug] Last night's meeting recap for new Python User Group Blog - Virtual Python

Mark R. Biggers biggers at utsl.com
Mon Jul 23 19:08:29 CEST 2007

Hi Chris, finally getting back on this,

Chris Calloway writes:
 > We should have show and tell more often. There was more presented last
 > night than at any meeting where we've had scheduled presentations.
 >
 > As mentioned last night, I'm participating on our behalf in a new Python
 > User Groups Blog set up by Dallas PyCon organizer Jeff Rush:
 >
 > http://python-groups.blogspot.com
 >
 > If you shared last night, I would appreciate your placing a paragraph on
 > this list that could be incorporated into a blog post.

The PEAK project's "Virtual Python" makes it easy to "try out" any
Python application, without breaking your installed versions of other
Python apps or "confusing" your base Python environment.

Mark Biggers demonstrated a 35-line shell-script using Virtual Python
to quickly bring up a fully-functional Trac-instance, from the "0.11
dev" (SVN version) of Trac.

  get the script at:

    http://trizpug.org/Members/biggers/virtual_python_demo/

Sorry this took so long, I have been a bit overwhelmed the past few
weeks.

thank you,
----mark