[triangle-zpug] Jython talk?

T. Bryan tbryan at python.net
Sun Jul 1 03:19:40 CEST 2007

On Friday 22 June 2007 14:55, Frank Wierzbicki wrote:

> I recently joined this list and I thought I'd introduce myself.  My
> name is Frank Wierzbicki, and I am the current lead maintainer of
> Jython (http://www.jython.org) and was wondering if there is enough
> local interest for me to speak on Jython for trizpug?

Awesome.  If you give a Jython talk, I'll even show up.  I haven't been able
to make it to many meetings since we switched them to Tuesdays.

I've often wondered by Jython didn't become Python's killer app back when it
first came out.  For some reason, it never got much publicity among Java
developers.  Jython was the way I tricked a few Java developers on one of my
old teams to learn Python.  :)  Actually, I had convinced the manager that we
should have one production language (Java) and one tooling language (Jython)
that everyone on my team knew.  He asked me to prepare a series of lunch
talks to introduce the team to Jython...

...and then the company decided to stop that project, scattered the developers
to other teams, etc.  And then we switched all new development to C#.  :-(

Welcome to the group, Frank.

---Tom