[triangle-zpug] getting Plone up & running on Ubuntu

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Tue Aug 21 23:08:53 CEST 2007

Warren Myers wrote:
> Ok - I just went through the same proc you did, and am having issues, so
> I'll go hit up the Plone support site.

I just downloaded the brand new today Plone 3.0 unified installer and
ran it on Ubuntu. It went flawlessley *and* added the site called Plone
for me. You might give that a try as it is twice as good as Plone 2.5.3.

Things to cleanup:

Make sure you have no running Zope processes left hanging around. Use:

ps -Af | grep Zope

Blow away old Plone unified install in /opt. Use:

sudo rm -rf /opt/Plone*

http://www.seacoos.org
office: 332 Chapman Hall   phone: (919) 962-4323