[Tkinter-discuss] How to install jpeg support in Tkinter

Donald Rozenberg don.rozenberg at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 00:52:08 EST 2020

Hi,

I am looking for a way to install Img in Windows 10 in such a way that
the image support particularly for jpegs is available to the Tcl/Tk
included in Tkinter.

I have written a programming tool called PAGE in Tcl/Tk that is called
by Tk.eval. That tool would be more effective if it could support jpegs.
In Linux I can install the package libtk-img and then Tkinter seems able
to support jpegs.  I don't know how to make a similar installation in
Windows.

PAGE is a programming tool available from SourceForge and has enjoyed
50,000 downloads this year. Most of those dowloads are for the windows
version. Treating PAGE as a Tcl program within a Tkinter wrapper is a
new idea which greatly simplifies user installation but suffers from the
disadvantage that users cannot use jpeg images for button widgets, menu
entries, notebook widgets, etc.. Hence my appeal. I admit that I know
little about Windows.

Regards,

Don

--