[Tkinter-discuss] horizontal line in Text

Michael Lange klappnase at web.de
Fri Jan 24 04:15:16 EST 2020

Hi,

On Fri, 24 Jan 2020 00:18:20 +0000
Alan Gauld via Tkinter-discuss <tkinter-discuss at python.org> wrote:

> On 16/01/2020 13:14, Vasilis Vlachoudis wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > is it possible to draw a horizontal line in the Text() widget,
> > something like the <hr> in html, extending all over the widget.
>
> Would a line of spaces with the underline turned on in the font work?
> If you use a monospace font the length should be fairly predictable.
>
> Just a thought.

I think the problem with all text based solutions is that these "lines"
will not resize along with the text widget and worse, might line-break
when the widget size is being reduced.

Regards

The people of Gideon have always believed that life is sacred.  That
the love of life is the greatest gift ... We are incapable of
destroying or interfering with the creation of that which we love so
deeply -- life in every form from fetus to developed being.
		-- Hodin of Gideon, "The Mark of Gideon", stardate 5423.4