[Tkinter-discuss] tkinter.PhotoImage to PIL.Image

Vasilis Vlachoudis Vasilis.Vlachoudis at cern.ch
Sat Nov 30 08:52:11 EST 2019

Hi all,

I have several images loaded as tkinter.PhotoImage, I want some to resize them
The PhotoImage zoom accepts only integer values and the result is not that great.
While if load them with PIL resize them and then convert to PIL.ImageTk it is much better.
I found several references on how to convert from PIL to tkinter but I cannot find how to do the opposite
so I can use the PIL resizing with the existing tkinter images.

Many thanks
Vasilis