[Tkinter-discuss] Tkinter to Qt-whatever

Mark Roseman mark at markroseman.com
Wed Nov 13 20:27:45 EST 2019

Hi Bob,

You really should look at the ttk stuff, it’s the easiest migration path to quite decent looking GUI’s. As you note, the “classic” widgets haven’t changed at all in decades. So without the (minimal) API changes to use the ttk widgets, you’re stuck in the deep past. (Also, please ignore Tix if you’re looking for improvements in UI)

Have a quick look at the tutorial on my site www.tkdocs.com <http://www.tkdocs.com/> to get a sense of what’s involved. The last chapter of the tutorial is a case study on modernizing Python’s IDLE, if you’re looking for some before and after..

Mark