[Tkinter-discuss] Button event calls Leave/Enter

Michael Lange klappnase at web.de
Wed May 15 05:18:35 EDT 2019

Hi,

On Wed, 15 May 2019 05:50:24 +0000
Vasilis Vlachoudis <Vasilis.Vlachoudis at cern.ch> wrote:

> Thanks.
> I did what you proposed
> if event.state>=256:  # then mouse event, ignore...
>
> Maybe a bug report should be opened in XFCE? In the X11 events it states
> that Enter/LeaveNotify is only due to the cursor movement
> entering/exiting a window, not a mouse press.

I noticed when trying on Debian Sid that LXDE appears also to be
affected (same behavior as with Xfce). I tried then to ask on debian-user
first if someone knows which package the bug should be reported to
(https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2019/05/msg00668.html), I
guess probably some library both use.

Regards

	"I think they're going to take all this money that we spend now
         on war and death --"
	"And make them spend it on life."
		-- Edith Keeler and Kirk, "The City on the Edge of
                   Forever", stardate unknown.