[Tkinter-discuss] ttk.Notebook: autohide

Michael Lange klappnase at web.de
Tue Jun 4 03:51:02 EDT 2019

Hi,

On Sun, 2 Jun 2019 14:22:56 +0000
Vasilis Vlachoudis <Vasilis.Vlachoudis at cern.ch> wrote:

> Many thanks
>
> The first solution works ok for me without any flickering

probably it depends on the speed of the machine. With an old and slow
laptop of mine the flickering effect appears to be a bit worse than on my
desktop machine. Changing only the padx by one pixel seems to cause only
a slightly "trembling" effect that is hardly noticable at all, so I guess
the second workaround might be a bit better. (Maybe calling those
workarounds "stupid" the other day was a bit harsh, if there's actually
nothing better the second version might be not so bad)

> I think you are right it is a bug in tk, probably they forget
> to invalidate the window

Still I am not sure if I didn't miss something here. I think one bad
thing about ttk is that the more advanced operations on styles and themes
aren't really documented very well, so I always find it hard to find out
how to do things properly, I always end up with some try-and-error
solution.

Best regards

Death.  Destruction.  Disease.  Horror.  That's what war is all about.
That's what makes it a thing to be avoided.
		-- Kirk, "A Taste of Armageddon", stardate 3193.0