[Tkinter-discuss] Lines around Tk Widgets on Linux but not Windows

Mike Barnett mike_barnett at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 14 13:27:05 EST 2019

I've had this problem for a very long time and have not been able to fix it regardless of what I've tried.

My tk widgets all have a white border, despite setting the border width to zero.

I don't have this problem on the Scale widget and on ttk widgets.

The buttons you see along the bottom of the attached screenshot are TK Buttons except for one of them which is a TTK Button.  The ttk one doesn't have a border.

Any clues as to what I need to configure to remove these?  They show up on Linux (including the Pi) and online on Trinket.

Thank you for any kind of clues at all for me to investigate!

-mike