[Tkinter-discuss] tkinter.PhotoImage to PIL.Image

Vasilis Vlachoudis Vasilis.Vlachoudis at cern.ch
Fri Dec 6 03:36:18 EST 2019

Thanks Michael,

at present my program is based that all the images are loaded as tkinter.PhotoImage.
I am trying always to keep the python dependencies as low as possible.
PIL is not required apart when the user wants some specific functionality (add-ons)

So for the case that someone wanted to resize them (PIL would be required)
and I was thinking  to resize them by temporarily converting them to PIL.Image
and then back to tkinter.PhotoImage.
Maybe my way is not the cleanest, but rather to do as you propose, load them as PIL.Images
process and convert them to tkinter.PhotoImage.

Vasilis