[Tkinter-discuss] How to eliminate flickers when swapping frames?

Nam Nguyen namnguyen at google.com
Tue Mar 27 15:57:39 EDT 2018

A simple reprod code:

import tkinter as tk
from tkinter import font

root = tk.Tk()
root.minsize(1280, 800)
root.bind('<Escape>', lambda _: root.quit())

my_font = font.Font(root, 'Sans 128 bold')
f_1 = tk.Frame(root)
tk.Button(f_1, text='Frame 1', font=my_font).pack(
    expand=True, fill=tk.BOTH)
f_2 = tk.Frame(root)
tk.Button(f_2, text='Frame 2'[::-1], font=my_font).pack(
    expand=True, fill=tk.BOTH)

f_1.pack(expand=True, fill=tk.BOTH)
current = f_1

def flip():