[Tkinter-discuss] standard tkinter command set

Michael Lange klappnase at web.de
Thu Apr 21 12:34:17 EDT 2016

Hi,

On Thu, 21 Apr 2016 10:59:45 -0400
Mickey Kocic <mickey.kocic at gmail.com> wrote:

> Could you provide me with a link to the list of the standard tkinter/tcl
> command set? I had to put up with the snarkoids at Stack Overflow before
> one (unintentionally!) informed me that the Text widget has its own
> native bindings for cut, copy and paste, and that i had wasted time
> wrapping them in my application. Before I go through that again I'd
> like to be properly informed about the features.

there are two excellent resources for Tkinter, Frederik Lundh's
Tkinter book can be found at:

http://effbot.org/tkinterbook/tkinter-index.htm

Second, there is a very good Tkinter reference by John W. Shipman at:

http://infohost.nmt.edu/tcc/help/pubs/tkinter/web/index.html

You might also want to check the Tk man pages at:

http://tcl.tk/man/tcl8.6/TkCmd/contents.htm

These are of course written for Tcl users, however once you understand
how Tkinter works it is usually easy to "translate" the commands from Tcl
to Python.

Best regards

Behind every great man, there is a woman -- urging him on.
		-- Harry Mudd, "I, Mudd", stardate 4513.3