[Tkinter-discuss] Different fonts in 3.3?

Josef Eschgfaeller esg at unife.it
Thu May 15 20:32:02 CEST 2014

Ned Deily wrote:

> Ah, sorry, I overlooked the "8.5.15" above.
> That seems to indicate that you've already installed
> ActiveTcl 8.5.15.  The fact that you've installed
> ActiveTcl 8.6.x, which changed the Current link
> in the Tcl and Tk frameworks, has no effect on
> which version a particular Python dynamically links
> to at run time.  The Current link affects building
> _tkinter, not running it.

This is not clear to me. I had previously installed
both Tcl 8.5 and 8.6. Yesterday I installed Python 3.4.
Why did it not choose Tcl 8.6?

Not a Tkinter question: My Python Current link
points still to 2.7. Has this any meaning?

Kevin Walzer wrote:

> The most likely reason for this is that Tk 8.4 is
> built on the deprecated Carbon framework, which
> uses a deprecated font engine called ATUSI.

The differences are shown in

    felix.unife.it/++/tmp

My doubt is still, whether this Tk 8.5 is now
the right one. In that case I would simple change
the height of the text widgets. As you notice
in 8.5 there appears also a border on the
selected list element, which I do not like too
much, but it is not important.

Thanks
Josef Eschgfaeller