[Tkinter-discuss] divergent behaviour

Michael Lange klappnase at web.de
Mon Jun 23 11:00:00 CEST 2014

Hi Alan,

On Sun, 22 Jun 2014 23:18:31 +0100
Alan Gauld <alan.gauld at btinternet.com> wrote:

(...)
> I have a form with a list box and a set of buttons.
> When you highlight a list item you can press the
> Edit button and it calls evEdit() which opens an
> edit dialog in the centre of the parent window.
>
> However I also bound the double click event to evEdit and
> if you double click the same item it opebns the dialog
> in the centre of the screen.
>
> Does anyone know why double-click and button versions
> of the same method result in different locations? I'm
> assuming that somehow the dialog (TopLevel widget) sees
> the screen as its parent in one version but the
> original window as parent in the other - maybe...?
>
> PS.
> If necessary I'll try to produce a short example to
> illustrate, but the existing code is over 500 lines
> so a tad too long to post.

is it possible to post only the evEdit() function? Without that I can only
guess, maybe the use of event.widget there causes confusion? Is the
parent window the Tk() window or another Toplevel()?

Regards

I'm frequently appalled by the low regard you Earthmen have for life.
		-- Spock, "The Galileo Seven", stardate 2822.3