[Tkinter-discuss] Python 3.4.0 alpha 2 available

Russell E. Owen rowen at uw.edu
Wed Sep 25 02:23:36 CEST 2013

In article <524205E7.3060803 at codebykevin.com>,
 Kevin Walzer <kw at codebykevin.com> wrote:

> On 9/24/13 5:09 PM, Russell E. Owen wrote:
> > Here you go. The appended code crashes when I push the button.
> > If I don't mess with the menu bar then it does not crash.
>
> I see the crash, but what's the expected behavior? As I read it you are
> configuring the text in a label, but the label isn't packed, and has no
> text in it, so I'm not sure what this sample does (other than
> illustrating the crash).

Well, naturally the prime purpose is to demonstrate the crash. However,
if you use 8.5.11 or if you comment out the menu-related stuff then you
also will see the button text get larger. I only use the label to access
the option database.

In any case, I hope this is small enough to be useful for tracking down
the problem. I'm wondering if you or somebody else might be able to
translate this into tcl? My tcl is weak, but I'll do it if necessary. I
assume the Tcl/Tk folks would be much more willing to pay attention if
it was pure tcl.

-- Russell