[Tkinter-discuss] Python 3.4.0 alpha 2 available

Russell E. Owen rowen at uw.edu
Tue Sep 24 23:09:36 CEST 2013

In article <5240F7E1.3000508 at codebykevin.com>,
 Kevin Walzer <kw at codebykevin.com> wrote:

> On 9/23/13 3:49 PM, Russell E. Owen wrote:
> > I have not yet tried to come up with a minimal bit of code that shows
> > the problem, but it sounds as if perhaps I should.
>
> That would be helpful. It's hard to tell what's going on with just the
> crashlog.
>
> --Kevin

Here you go. The appended code crashes when I push the button.
If I don't mess with the menu bar then it does not crash.

-- Russell

#!/usr/bin/env python

import Tkinter
import tkFont

root = Tkinter.Tk()

parentMenu = Tkinter.Menu(root)
mnu = Tkinter.Menu(parentMenu, name="apple", tearoff=0)
parentMenu.add_cascade(label = "TUI", menu = mnu)

labelWdg = Tkinter.Label(root)

font = tkFont.Font()
labelWdg.option_add("*Button.font", font)

def changeFont():
    font.configure(size=14)

btn = Tkinter.Button(root, text="Change Font", command=changeFont)
btn.pack()

root["menu"] = parentMenu

root.mainloop()