[Tkinter-discuss] Idle bug under MacOSX Maverick

Russell E. Owen rowen at uw.edu
Wed Oct 23 20:09:55 CEST 2013

In article
<CABaQFFEn+6wP6=opdiD2ERFDcq4eDw3y0T+MYfBRYMitZCspSw at mail.gmail.com>,
 "Michael O'Donnell" <michael.odonnell at uam.es> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
>   not sure this is the right place to send this, but
> can't find an email list for Idle.
>
> Installed OSX 10.9 (Maverick) this morning,
> and then opened Idle (as packaged with
> Python 3.4.0 alpha 4 from the python.org release).
>
> I can do most everything, except when I click on
> my code to change the insert pointer location, it doesn't
> move from the old position.
>
> Well, to make things worse, once in ten clicks
> it will follow. Sometimes, especially when i click
> beyond the last char on a line, the insert mark
> disappears entirely.
>
> Anyone seen anything similar? Anyone
> run Idle under Maverick without this problem?
>
> Mick

I have heard one report from a Mavericks user for an application that I
distribute, and it's scary. One window takes many seconds to open, and
another is unusable because the user cannot type into it.

My app uses Tcl/Tk 8.5.11 because later versions crash (due to a bug
that I reported to this list, but I've not yet tried to write the pure
tcl version -- this Mavericks probably strongly suggest I'd better get
on it).

-- Russell