[Tkinter-discuss] Tkinter for iOS (iPad//iPhone)

Michael O'Donnell michael.odonnell at uam.es
Sun Mar 3 20:24:00 CET 2013

As I understand it, GUI can be used under Objective C,
but the only viable GUI is that used in Apple's Objective C.

One solution would be to provide a library called tkinter with
the same classes and methods as those provided by tkinter, but instead
mapped onto Apple's GUI (is it COCOA?)

This may or may not be difficult, based on the kinds
of metaphors Apple uses.

Of course, only the subset of Tkinter you actually use would need
to be mapped.

Mick

On Sun, Mar 3, 2013 at 7:47 PM, Kevin Walzer <kw at codebykevin.com> wrote:

> On 3/3/13 1:26 PM, python at bdurham.com wrote:
>>
>> I've been away from Tkinter for awhile. Curious if Tkinter is available
>> for iOS devices (iPad//iPhone)? My google searches have not come up with
>> anything interesting.
>> Thanks!
>> Malcolm
>

> No, it's not. I imagine the work to port Tk (and Tcl) to iOS would be a
> massive undertaking.
>
> --Kevinn
>

> --
> Kevin Walzer