[Tkinter-discuss] Button Press Freezes

mkieverpy at tlink.de mkieverpy at tlink.de
Thu Jun 13 23:15:06 CEST 2013

Quaki Gaffar:
>Here's my situation. I have two tkinter buttons:
>
>    Play Button: plays a sound
>    Stop Button: to stop the sound during play
>
>Code is as follows:
>
>def Play(self):
>    //plays a file with pygame module
>
>def Stop(self):
>    //Stop using pygame stop

Greg Ewing:
>No, music.play() is not supposed to block. However, I haven't tried to use
>it outside the context of a pygame app, so I don't know how it behaves if
>there isn't a pygame event loop running.

If my memory serves me well, you cannot mix tkinter and pygame.
Both want their event loop running. I once looked into this
and to my knowledge no one succeeded in embedding one into the other.
And I won't try using just music.play without setting up pygame.
I don't think this would work, but that's just a guess.

Regards,
Matthias Kievernagel