[Tkinter-discuss] FocusOut not working as expected - tix broken?

mkieverpy at tlink.de mkieverpy at tlink.de
Wed Sep 26 14:16:42 CEST 2012

 Hello Michael,

 Me:
> What I really get is this: I only get FocusOut when the mouse
> leaves the application window. I do not get FocusOut event
> when I click some other part of the application window
> which nonetheless results in the frame losing focus and no longer
> receiving key events.
> Currently, my guess is that this is broken in tix
> (which unluckily seems not to be under development any more).

 Michael:
 (...)
>and here it worked as expected (python 3.1,, debian squeeze with
> IceWM).
>It might very well be a WM specific issue though, did you try
> different
>WMs?

 Sorry, lost focus completely, so to speak. Hardware failure.
 Hopefully back next week.

 Before breakdown I tried IceWM and got same result for my and your
 program.
 I'm on debian wheezy, ctwm, self compiled python 3.1.1 (tcl/tk 8.4 not
 sure)
 I am not getting any 'focus out' messages from your program. No idea
 why.
 I'll try to post a minimal example some time next week.

 Regards,
 Matthias.
 (sent from my mac cookie box)