[Tkinter-discuss] Calculating a ripening tomato

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Tue Oct 18 08:19:26 CEST 2011

Bob Greschke wrote:
> 2.7 being close to e. I should have known the "natural" log would be
> involved somehow, even though most tomatoes these days are far from natural.

Resemblance to e probably doesn't have much to do with it --
more likely your formula is just preventing the overall
brightness of the colour from getting too low, thus
avoiding brown.

Another way to approach this might be to do the interpolation
in HSB space, varying the hue angle from red to green while
keeping the brightness constant, and then convert to RGB.

--
Greg