[Tkinter-discuss] newbie request for help

Kevin Buchs kevin.buchs at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 14:29:50 CEST 2011

Alessandro,
The suggestion on this email list has been to use the Text widget,
making use of tags. The second option you gave is going a different
direction than that by using Labels. I do not think that will take you
where you want to go. It may be that tkHyperlinkManager is the optimal
choice when implementing hyperlinked text using Text, but I am unsure.
I got the impression through brief review of the dialog here that
there was a capability native to Text that would give you what you
need.

To get tkHyperlinkManager installed here is what I would recommend. If
the command easy_install is not currently available, then you may be
able to install the corresponding "distutils" module for Python using
Fedora's package maintenance capability. Probably installing something
like "Python distutils" should do the job. Once that is done then you
should have the command easy_install. Then it is simply a matter of
using this command line: easy_install tkHyperlinkManager. Depending on
the OS setup, you may need to run that as su/sudo to have the
permissions to write into the Python packages directories.

Kevin