[Tkinter-discuss] newbie request for help

alexxxm magni at inrim.it
Wed Jun 8 08:42:21 CEST 2011

I thank you all for your help and I'm looking forward to implement it.
At the moment however I'm unable to do it since it appears I'm missing a
basic piece:

trying to approach the links, at first I used the code found at
http://effbot.org/zone/tkinter-text-hyperlink.htm:
<code>
import tkHyperlinkManager
from Tkinter import *

root = Tk()
root.title("hyperlink-1")

text = Text(root)
text.pack()

hyperlink = tkHyperlinkManager.HyperlinkManager(text)

def click1():
    print "click 1"

text.insert(INSERT, "this is a ")
text.insert(INSERT, "link", hyperlink.add(click1))
text.insert(INSERT, "\n\n")

def click2():
    print "click 2"

text.insert(INSERT, "this is another ")
text.insert(INSERT, "link", hyperlink.add(click2))
text.insert(INSERT, "\n\n")

mainloop()
</code>

but I get this:
ImportError: No module named tkHyperlinkManager

I work on Linux Fedora13, and my Tkinter version is
tkinter-2.6.4-27.fc13.x86_64
Probably tkHyperlinkManager is not included by default in the Tkinter
distribution?

As approach #2 I tried this (courtesy of StackOverflow):
<code>
import Tkinter

class App:
    def __init__(self, root):
        self.root = root
        for text in ("link1", "link2", "link3"):
            link = Tkinter.Label(text=text, foreground="#0000ff")
            link.bind("<1>", lambda event, text=text: \
                          self.click_link(event, text))
            link.pack()
    def click_link(self, event, text):
        print "you clicked '%s'" % text

root=Tkinter.Tk()
app = App(root)
root.mainloop()
</code>

and this works. Do you recommend this approach?

alessandro