[Tkinter-discuss] horizontal scrollbar in frame with text widget

spooky.ln at tbs-software.com spooky.ln at tbs-software.com
Sun Jan 2 10:04:40 CET 2011

Thanks so much,
this helps.

i tried set Text height before but scrollbar dissapeared always after line height set.
Changing packing order like you write solved my problem.

“””
I think if you change the packing order, like:

    hScrollbar.pack(side=BOTTOM, fill=X)
    self.text.pack(fill=BOTH, expand=1)

the scrollbar should remain visible when the window size decreases.
Another, less elegant, solution might be to decrease the Text widget's
size through its width and height options, however then you will have to
make sure somewhere else in your code that you don't end up with a tiny
window.

I hope this helps

Michael
”””