[Tkinter-discuss] Tkinter in interactive mode locks when run from subprocess

刘文彬 wenbinliu1985 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 16:32:33 CEST 2010

Hi,

In Windows, I made an interactive window by C#, which creates a remote
python
subprocess  to do the interpreting. Communication is done via standard IO
redirection.
The idea is that the python session is an actual process separate from the
GUI,
which has some advantages, like I can have multiple such shells in my
application,
and I can kill them without worrying that my C# app will crash.

This all works really, I will also launch C# apps. So I was quite happy,
untill I tried
doing some plotting with Tkinter. The problem is that the process
becomes unresponsive when I do something(more details below)

I don't know much about creating subprocess and redirecting standard IO of
subprocess and how they are different from a normal process. So can anyone
offer some help as to what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance,
Kaster

To get to the details:
I use a textbox component of C# to receive the command and then run it as
a normal Python console
- When I start  with command "import Tkinter"
-work well,and then command "r = Tkinter.Tk()"
problem is arose, a small window pops up, and then whichever command I
run in the textbox is not working.

I think may be something block the input so that the command cannot transfer
the subprocess of python, but I don't know how to resolve the problem.