[Tkinter-discuss] Change the font style (bold, italic, stikethru, normal) of widgets without explictly knowing font?

python at bdurham.com python at bdurham.com
Mon Nov 22 22:21:44 CET 2010

Is there a simple way to change the font style of widgets without
explictly knowing the widget's font?

For example: if I want to toggle the bold state of a widget's
text, do I need to determine its font, then build an equivalent
font object/expression with the font style I need, and pass that
full font description to widget.config() or can I use a shortcut
technique that allows me to pass 'bold' or 'normal' to control a
widget's font.

Thank you,
Malcolm