[Tkinter-discuss] winico icon coordinates

Michael Lange klappnase at web.de
Tue Nov 9 12:31:57 CET 2010

Hi all,

I am trying to write a cross-platform tray icon wrapper for Tkinter that
uses tktray on X and winico on windows. It is working fine so far,
however at one point I am stuck with winico. I would like to be able to
pop up a "notification balloon" (or however you want to call this) next
to the tray icon, which works fine on tktray (which has a bbox method
that allows to access the icon's screen coordinates) but I cannot seem to
be able to do the same with winico.
Does anyone have experience with winico, is this possible at all (maybe I
missed something), or maybe is this possible somehow through pywin32 ?

Thanks in advance

In the strict scientific sense we all feed on death -- even vegetarians.
		-- Spock, "Wolf in the Fold", stardate 3615.4