[Tkinter-discuss] macPython, menubar won't display, new windows will not display widgets

Joe Barfett joebarfett at yahoo.ca
Sun Mar 28 18:55:29 CEST 2010

Hello,
I've had problems getting menus to appear in my Tkinter applications using python 2.5.2 and Mac OSX tiger and leopard.
I've extensively searched for help and found only this link:
http://www.learningpython.com/2006/03/27/using-menus-in-tkinter/
someone else has had the same problem but no solution is posted.
Additionally, I find that if I make a new window with toplevel, widgets on the window will not display immediately, but will after the window is refreshed.
With Tile so easily available, I really don't want to invest in learning another GUI toolkit for python. Tkinter solves all my needs (I'm a scientific programmer) and really I just want to make a more friendly and user oriented scientific application.
Thanks if you can help! I can post source code if needed, but I'm hoping someone has just heard of the problem before and can point me in the right direction. Cheers from Canada!
joe

http://www.flickr.com/gift/