[Tkinter-discuss] How to capture exceptions after the end of the program

Vasilis Vlachoudis Vasilis.Vlachoudis at cern.ch
Fri Jun 25 12:20:30 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I have a tkinter application that uses several fonts. However only with
python 2.4 when the application is closed then I get the following
exceptions (with 2.6 it works Ok)

Exception exceptions.AttributeError: "'NoneType' object has no attribute
'TclError'" in <bound method Font.__del__ of <tkFont.Font instance at
0x2ac0dd4c4908>> ignored
Exception exceptions.AttributeError: "'NoneType' object has no attribute
'TclError'" in <bound method Font.__del__ of <tkFont.Font instance at
0x2ac0dd4c4680>> ignored

and I have no way of capturing them since they arrive even after the
last line of the program.
I believe that for some reason the tkinter is deleted before and
afterwards it tries to delete the fonts and creates the TclError.
Is there a way to protect for these exceptions?

I was getting the same problem with the PhotoImage() but now I am trying
to delete all of them before the end of the program to avoid the
exceptions. However with fonts I can miss something e.g replace a font
and exit afterwards.

Thanks in advance
Vasilis

Vasilis Vlachoudis