[Tkinter-discuss] Widget to appear square-shaped on screen...

GKalman kalman_g at msn.com
Tue Jul 20 19:00:26 CEST 2010

I'm trying to make a square-shaped  board, something like this:

from Tkinter import *

root = Tk()
w=[]
for k in range(9):
    i=k/3
    j=k%3
    w.append(Label(root,text=str(k),bg="red",width=5,height=5))
    w[k].grid(row=i,column=j,padx=2,pady=2,ipadx=5,ipady=5)
mainloop()

It shows up on my screen as rectangular (non-square) shaped. What do I have
to do to make it appear in a square-shaped form (i.e. with Label height &
width to be equal on the sceen)?