[Tkinter-discuss] Stipple use cases and/or examples?

python at bdurham.com python at bdurham.com
Fri Dec 17 18:29:43 CET 2010

I've seen the term "stipple" mentioned in recent posts. The
Tkinter documentation is woefully short on details here. I've
googled for examples and found very few. For those with the same
question as me, here's one example.
http://infohost.nmt.edu/tcc/help/pubs/tkinter/std-attrs.html
My question is what are typical use cases for stipples and do you
use the built-in gray12...gray75 stipples (are there others?) or
build your own (and why?). If anyone wants to post and example of
a stipple in use, I would appreciate it.

Thank you,
Malcolm