[Tkinter-discuss] Anyone building MS Office-like ribbonbar interfaces using Tkinter?

python at bdurham.com python at bdurham.com
Wed Dec 1 18:15:36 CET 2010

Curious if any of you are building MS Office-like ribbonbar user
interfaces using Tkinter? If so, I would love to see a screenshot
to see what is possible.
We're starting to get more requests for this type of modern user
interface. Personally, I hate the new MS Office ribbonbars (after
more than 2 years of trying to like this interface), but I have
to admit they do look visually more appealing (or at least more
modern) than traditional menu/toolbars interfaces.
What are your thoughts regarding the ribbonbar widget - useful,
annoying, important, impossible to implement in Tkinter, etc?

Malcolm