[Tkinter-discuss] How to set option menu without setting variable

simha supersimha at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 11:01:07 CET 2009

My issue is as follows...
I have a dictionary which I use for display.
I have an object which has 4 optionmenu and 4 text boxes.

this object is displayed when i click on tree node.(display value depends on
dictionary)
If i have 4 tree nodes, object remains same but dictionary changes.
So if at one tree node I set the variable to say 'x' for an optionmenu, then
it is getting projected in other 3 objects.. How do I fix this? It will be
great help. Thanks in advance