[Tkinter-discuss] Problem facing in lift and tkraise urgent

YMohan yogendra_mohan at oxyent-medical.com
Sat Mar 21 16:35:44 CET 2009

Hi All,

I am facing the issues while using the lift or tkraise with create_window
objects. its not working. I am trying to do the show one window at a time. I
have created two window objects using the create_window and try to launch
the first one. The following code I have written

from Tkinter import *
root = Tk()
canvas = Canvas(root, width=300, height=300, bg='white')   # 0,0 is top left
corner
canvas.pack(expand=YES, fill=BOTH)                   # increases down, right

def setAbove():
    canvas.tkraise(objectID1)
#    print "after tk raise"

widget1 = Frame(canvas, bg='red', height=100, width=100)
widget2 = Frame(canvas, bg='blue', height=100, width=100)
objectID1=canvas.create_window(100, 100, window=widget1)        # embed a
widget
objectID2=canvas.create_window(100, 100, window=widget2)        # embed a
widget
root.after(5000, setAbove)
root.mainloop()

Let me know what am I doing wrong or any other way to do the same?

Thanks in advance.

YMohan