[Tkinter-discuss] Tkinter Geometry Management and Other Basics

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sat Jul 25 21:56:19 CEST 2009

"VladPotrosky" <greendingbat99 at hotmail.com> wrote

> As I understand it, there are three geometry managers: Grids, Pack and
> Place. Only the first two are of interest.

There is now a fourth, the form manager, as of Python 2.7/3.1...

Haven't used it yet so cannot comment on how genuinely useful it is.

And to the OP, yes you can definitely mix the manager provided
you keep to one per container. I typically use pack to pack a set
of frames into my top level app. But within each of the subframes
I then use grid/pack as suits my needs, often (usually?) a mx of
both in a single app.

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site