[Tkinter-discuss] Anyone needs old demo programs ?

Francesco Bochicchio bieffe62 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 16:27:42 CEST 2009

Hi all,

nine years ago I needed to lern some Tkinter for a work, so in the summer I
spent some time duplicating
about 80% of the demo programs included in the demo suite of tcl/tk (I think
is called widget tour).
I occasionally have shown these demos to other pythoneers on the italian
python newsgroup, and I have been suggested to
public it in some more visible place than my personal web space. So I wonder
if there is a place in the web where this code could be 'at home'
and still useful to somebody (I've looked around but I did not found anybody
else duplicating the widget tour or providing a systematic demo of all
Tkinter widgets).
It is  my code that I developed during vacation time, and I'm willing to
give it away under a "please help yourself" licence.
It is also very old code, which I touched very little after I learned what I
needed, but should still work with python 2.6, and if there is interest
I could also spend some time porting it to python 3.1 in my incoming
vacation (I need some porting exercise for when I'll port the scripts
I'm currently using at work). Apart from that, since I'm not using Tcl/tk
anymore, I can't guarantee any maintenance.

If anybody is interested, my code is here:
http://www.webalice.it/fbochicchio/python/widget-tour.html
Skip the italian introduction (unless you can read italian :-) and just grab
the tarball. The main module is widget.py, then there is
a module for each demo and a few common utilities modules.

Ciao
-----
FB