[Tkinter-discuss] Scrolling canvas (Including all widgets on it)

Michael O'Donnell michael.odonnell at uam.es
Fri Jan 9 09:08:15 CET 2009

Hi Waffles,

  Rather than using place() to put widgets within the canvas,
you need to actually draw them. Use the canvas method: create_window()

E.g., taking two of your lines:

    self.topic_label = Label(self.label, text='Topic:', font=15, bg='white')
    self.topic_label.place(x=16, y=8)

Should be:

    self.topic_label = Label(self.label, text='Topic:', font=15, bg='white')
    self.label.create_window(16, 8, window=self.topic_label, anchor=NW)

Mick