[Tkinter-discuss] How to open a file from Tkinter window?

Marsel marsuc666 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 22:26:58 CET 2009

Hi,
I'm new in python and I'm not very familiar with a lot of stuff, so please
answer as simple as possible if you will :).

The thing is, I would like to make connection betwen a few windows, in this
case calculating programs, so I could open any of them from one window or
just switch between them in tab - style.
I'we also been trying to do it with a button, but in every case I've run out
of ideas... I was looking for information everywhere, but as I've said, I
don't understand most of the python expressions and was unable to find
anything useful...

So how can I "connect" or open files from inside a program?

Any help would appreciated,

thank you.