[Tkinter-discuss] Tkinter script crashes

joshua v joshua.varghese at patni.com
Wed Sep 24 06:00:10 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am using Python 2.5.2 and the tkinter module that was shipped with it. I
have made an application that has two Text widgets. These widgets are
populated using 'insert' method. There is a scrollbar attached to these
widgets which scrolls to the very end when there is any input.( using the
'see(END)').

The script, after about an hour or so of operation, crashes with the
following log.

  File "c:\Program Files\Python2.5\lib\lib-tk\Tkinter.py", line 1403, in
__call_

_

    return self.func(*args)

  File "D:\CODE\Backup_codes\Python_code\script.py", line 70, in set

    Scrollbar.set(self, *args)

  File "c:\Program Files\Python2.5\lib\lib-tk\Tkinter.py", line 2799, in set

    self.tk.call((self._w, 'set') + args)

TclError: bad option "1": must be activate, cget, configure, delta,
fraction, ge

t, identify, or set

Could this be because I input too many characters simultaneously.

I would appreciate any inputs you could give to debug/solve this issue.

Thank you,

Josh