[Tkinter-discuss] Detecting (draw) items on Canvas (widget)

Guilherme Polo ggpolo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 21:10:27 CET 2008

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 5:23 PM, Gabor Kalman <Kalman_G at msn.com> wrote:

> Question:
>
> I have a Canvas (c1) and have created (drawn) a rectangle item  on c1.
> How can I find out that at an xy location I'm over the canvas OR over the
> rectangle (the latter, of course, is over the Canvas too)?
> Tried with various "tag"-s, but did not work.

What do you mean by finding out if you are over the canvas ? As soon
as the mouse pointer enters the canvas, you are over the canvas. For
the second part of the question check this:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/tkinter-discuss/2008-November/001737.html
as it is a very similar question

-- Guilherme H. Polo Goncalves