[Tkinter-discuss] Tkinter in Python 2.6 under MacOSX

Guilherme Polo ggpolo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 22:48:55 CET 2008

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 5:57 PM, Michael O'Donnell
<michael.odonnell at uam.es> wrote:
>> Yes, I'm also unable to use Tkinter with python 2.6 on Mac OS X. There is an
>> open bug about this:
>>
>> http://bugs.python.org/issue4017
>
> I'm just curious,
>
> Given Python is the 6th most popular programming language
> (http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/index.html)
>
> And Tkinter is the default GUI extension.
>
> How come a broken distribution of Python 2.6 for Mac can stay on the official
> site for 6 weeks without being fixed, when it seems its a simple matter to make
> a fixed binary distrib?

I particularly don't have a mac to test the installer there, so I
can't do much. So if you know how to fix it would be very nice to
submit the patch to the bug tracker, because apparently issue4017
stopped progressing. But if you don't, you could try raising this
question on python-dev because this is surely annoying.

> (and I know this is not the fault of anyone on this list, I'm just
> expressing a gripe,
> I would reallly love to see if the new python on mac fixes my unicode problems).
>
> Mick
>
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 8:08 PM, Dave Opstad
> <dave.opstad at monotypeimaging.com> wrote:
>> Michael O'Donnell wrote:
>>
>>> Have other tkinter users experienced this? Any easy fixes without
>>> requiring me to learn how to compile python from scratch?
>>

>> Dave

-- Guilherme H. Polo Goncalves