[Tkinter-discuss] having trouble, newbie

inhahe inhahe at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 02:19:51 CET 2008

I'm trying to make a simple app in tkinter and am having two problems

1, i can't figure out how to put widgets in the top left of the main
window.  no matter what i try with row, column and sticky parameters it puts
my buttons in the middle of the window.
2, i pass width=800 and height=600 to Frame.__init__ and my window still
comes up tiny, just barely big enough for two buttons.
oh, while i'm at it--how do I make it so when the the window is created it
gets focus, like a ... real app?