[Tkinter-discuss] Windows inaccessible while a module is running

Amit Finkler amit.finkler at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 17:09:46 CET 2008

Hi,

I wrote a simple GUI with tkinter which executes a function when
pressing a button. When I press the button, the function indeed executes
starts running itself (it's a loop which draws a graph using gnuplot).
As long as the loop is running, I can't access the GUI - it's grayed
out. Only when I break the loop can I properly see the GUI back again.

Is this something you're familiar with or did I define the GUI improperly?

Thanks,

Amit.