[Tkinter-discuss] creating a custom style GUI

Guilherme Polo ggpolo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 23:17:54 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 5:34 PM, Alexnb <alexnbryan at gmail.com> wrote:

> This isn't really related to Tkinter, but I think some people here might be
> able to help me. I want to create a GUI That is kind of custom. Meaning that
> not just the standard stuff in Tkinter, but stuff that I create, such as
> custom buttons and backgrounds. I don't care if it uses tcl or not. I am
> just wondering what I can do to create such a thing and tie it together with
> python.

If it is not related to Tkinter then this is the wrong maillist.
But.. depending on what kind of customization you wanna do, ttk/tile
can help you there. I have some screenshots here:
http://code.google.com/p/python-ttk/wiki/Screenshots merely showing
Entry, Text, Scrollbar and Treeview customized to some extent but I
fear you are after some heavy customizations.

So.. would you care to tell more about what you really wanna do ?

> --

-- Guilherme H. Polo Goncalves