[Tkinter-discuss] Issue with scrolling in a Text() widget on a mac

Kevin Walzer kw at codebykevin.com
Sun Jul 20 04:44:42 CEST 2008

Alexnb wrote:

> Okay I installed the dmg but I still have the same version.. what am I
> missing?

You forgot to rebuild Python from source. :-)  Comment out the line in
setup.py that lists /System/Library as a place to search for Tk, and it
will search in /Library instead, and link against the new 8.5 version of
Tk you've installed. Run ./configure --enable-framework
--enable-universalsdk and you should be good to go.

--
Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin