[Tkinter-discuss] [ANN] Ttk wrapper 0.0.9

Guilherme Polo ggpolo at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 22:06:51 CEST 2008

On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 4:39 PM, Igor Novikov <igor.e.novikov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Recently I have found your message regarding ttk package which is a part of
> your GSoC 2008 project:
>
> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/tkinter-discuss/2008-June/001439.html
>
> It is curiously enough, but our sK1 project has used similar package since
> 2006 year (it was Tile wrapper initially). I think our code base could be
> useful for your GSoC project, because it contains a lot of fixes and
> workarounds.

I'm taking a look at it, Igor, I guess you are referring to Ttk.py at
sK1/src/app/UI, correct ?

Initially I see it is missing Notebook, Treeview and all the theming
management, I guess you just wrapped the bits useful for your project.
I'm curios why you prefixed most classes with a "T", except the
Labelframe one. Other thing I noticed is that the class TButton has
way more methods than those supported by a ttk Button.

Also, did you happen to give a try to my wrapper and found some
different behavior than yours ?

> Sincerely,

I appreciate your interest,

--